Y4 Lighting it Up Workshop
Date: 8 May 2019
Time: 00:00 - 00:00
We have organised an exciting workshop for Year 4 this half term.
For our Science topic on Electricity, we have arranged for a ‘Lighting it up!’ workshop on the morning of Wednesday 8th May.
The general objective of this project is for the children to have fun and success in completing a specific Science & Design and Technology task. We encourage them to:
- enhance their knowledge and understanding in using electrical circuits,
- connect and investigate simple circuits incorporating various electrical components,
- draw circuit diagrams using symbols for the components used,
- use the tools and equipment needed for this activity safely,
- extend their making skills to produce an electric quiz game.
On the day of the workshop we will need 2 adult helpers. It should take about two and a half hours. Please pop in or let us know via email to the office if you are able to volunteer for this.
A voluntary contribution of £11.00 is requested to cover the cost of the workshop and includes the cost of the game the children make and keep. (The children will bring this home later in the term).
Payment and consent should be made via school gateway by Wednesday 1st May. If you need any help using the school Gateway please contact the office who will be happy to assist. If you prefer to pay by cheque, please contact the school office. Regrettably, we cannot accept cash.
Although no child will be prevented from participating through non-payment, if the full cost of the workshops is not received, we may not be able to go ahead with the booking.